HelpingHearts Program at Jennings
Jennings is helping hearts. We know that heart failure is the leading cause for adults over 65 years to be admitted to the hospital. According to the American Heart Association, heart failure affects more than 550,000 Americans each year.
Making good decisions requires teamwork…and we’re part of your team! Gardenside Rehabilitation at Jennings offers continuity of good habits suggested by your health care team while you recover – from any surgery or illness – with our HelpingHearts program. During your stay at Gardenside Rehabilitation, we help you manage your symptoms, develop physical and occupational therapy consistent with your exercise ability and goals, and offer delicious meals that are heart healthy!
Looking for resources to continue those good habits? Check out some of the links below to continue your good habits.
- American Heart Association | www.heart.org
- National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute | www.nhlbi.nih.gov
- Reducing sodium and reading labels
- Tips for reducing sodium
- Cooking Light’s Tips for Reducing Sodium
Heart healthy recipes:
- Mayo Clinic Heart Healthy Recipes
- American Heart Association’s Delicious Decisions
- Food Network popular low-sodium recipes
- National Institutes of Health Heart Healthy Home Cooking African American Style
- Penzey’s Low Sodium or Sodium Free Spices