The Learning Circle: Infant and Child Day Care
The Learning Circle at Jennings is an enriching infant and child care program. A combination of classroom structure and free play fosters a positive environment for learning as well as child development and growth. A creative team of qualified staff members uphold the Jennings mission to encourage positive values and an atmosphere of family spirit. Serving children on our campus since 1999, The Learning Circle now serves children from 6 weeks to 12 years of age.
Highlights of The Learning Circle include:
- Flexible hours~Monday through Friday 5:45a.m. until 6:00p.m.
- State licensed facilities with high quality and high satisfaction
- Degreed teachers
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum for each age group
- Indoor and outdoor play areas
- Meals and snacks
- Full day child care and before/after school programs
- Summer and holiday programs
- Intergenerational program
The most unique aspect of The Learning Circle is our intergenerational program. In this relaxed, pressure-free, intergenerational atmosphere, we guide the child’s development with love, attention, discipline and learning. Emphasis is placed on his/her social and educational development. We encourage the learning opportunities between seniors and younger generations from preschoolers to teens, which foster learning and mentoring relationships that greatly impact the lives of both generations. Daily programs offer activities and tools to foster this important positive interaction and provide life-enriching experiences.
Children benefit in many different ways by participating in the intergenerational programs. Pre-schoolers through teens can learn respect for people around them. For adolescents and teens, they may also learn about careers and volunteerism. Children of all ages can learn invaluable history and skills such as fostering empathy and alleviating fears not only toward older adults but also physical handicaps, learning the value of and respect for past generations, and finding value in diversity.
- Dr. Susan Turben’s Radio Show www.turben.com
- iWonder homework help and practice http://iwonder.infohio.org
- Ohio Department of Education https://education.ohio.gov