Updated 11/4/2014: THANK YOU, Brecksville voters, for voting yes on Issue 22 to rezone property to ensure that Brecksville retirees can continue living successfully in the community they love with quality services in a beautiful living environment.
Frequently Asked Questions about Issue 22 and new Brecksville Construction:
What issue is on the ballot?
- Brecksville’s Planning Commission and City Council has approved rezoning land to build assisted living. Issue 22 on the ballot requests voters to approve the rezoning from single-family residential to a planned-overlay district. That means the only use allowed on the site would be the assisted living community that is planned.
Where is the land?
- The proposed land is adjacent to and on the south side of St. Basil Church and includes two parcels, measuring a total of nearly 5 acres, on the west side of Brecksville Road just north of Mill Road.
Why is Jennings involved in construction in Brecksville?
- As we look at our mission and the future needs of the community, we know not everyone will live in Garfield Heights. In the past eight to 10 years we have looked at other areas of the diocese and how we can serve individuals in their communities.
Does an individual need to be Catholic?
- No. This construction will serve people of all faiths.
What is Jennings’ experience caring for older adults?
- Jennings Center for Older Adults is a Catholic, non-profit organization celebrating more than 70 years of services to Northeast Ohio adults and families of all faiths with residences and services. Its Garfield Heights campus offers a continuum of care for older adults, including assisted living, apartments and villa homes with supportive services, adult day services, long-term care, skilled nursing and short-term rehabilitation as well as infant/child care and intergenerational programs. In addition, Jennings manages a 44-unit apartment building, Library Court, in Shaker Heights. The campus is a tribute to our namesake, Monsignor Gilbert P. Jennings, a visionary who believed in community and whose planned gift established this non-profit organization.
How can we get more information?
- We invite you to join our mailing list to remain updated about any other details. Feel free to email [email protected] to be added.